This course will take place on Saturdays from 9am to 3:30 pm for 10 weeks.
This advanced level course is intended for those who have already achieved EN ISO 9606-1 2013 certification in TIG Welding. Learners must provide evidence of coding (certificate expired within a 2 year period is acceptable). Participants must provide their own Safety Boots.
The aim of this course is to provide the learners with skills, related knowledge and competencies to conduct Stainless Steel Dairy Pipe welding and Carbon Steel Schedule 40/80 pipe Welding in 6G position.
The course leads to a EN IS0 9606-1 2013 TIG Welding in 6G position.
- Health & Safety in the work environment
- Review of Welder Set up and Fillet Welding
- Prepare piece using Band Saw and Belt Sander
- Carry out TIG Welding up to 6G position
- Carry out Dye Penetrant Testing
- Education: Learners must have achieved EN ISO 9606-1 2013 certificate in TIG Welding. Learners must provide evidence of coding (certificate expired within a 2 year period is acceptable).
- Aptitude: Good hand eye co-ordination
- Previous Experience: Learners must have TIG Welding experience and achieved EN ISO 9606-1 2013 (EN 287-1)
Mounting of Abrasive Wheels (37P) - QQI Award
Included in Course Fee