The aim of the programme is to provide learners with the skills, knowledge and competency in installing and maintaining core hardware and operating systems. Learners will acquire the knowledge and skills needed to install, configure and troubleshoot topologies, protocols and standards, network implementation and network support. The course will aim to develop learners technical ability, skills, attitudes, personal effectiveness and job seeking skills.
You will learn Installation, Configuration and Troubleshooting, Network Topologies, Network Protocols and Standards, Network Implementation and Network Support, Computer Hardware, Desktop Operating Systems, Network Cabling.
- Applicants must have reached the current statutory school leaving age
- Applicants should have ideally completed the Leaving Certificate or equivalent
- Basic knowledge of computer applications and the internet is a requirement for this programme
- Applicants must successfully complete a Numerical, Diagrammatic & Technical Understanding aptitude test for this Programme
- An approved colour vision test will be a requirement for entry to this Traineeship because of tasks such as wiring
CompTIA Network +
COMPTIA CLOUD ESSENTIALS & CLOUD VIRTUALISATION
FETAC Level 6 Major Award
Working in the IT sector supporting computer hardware, software & networks.
Further Education Options
Progression to various Third Level courses in Information Technology.