The purpose of this award is to enable the learner to acquire the knowledge, skill and competence in hairdressing theory, practice and skills to work independently and under supervision in a hairdressing environment On successful completion of the programme, learners may progress into higher education and training or to employment.
- Induction – Common Awards
- Hairdressing Theory and Practice
- Hairdressing Science
- Safety and Health at Work
- Career Planning and Work Experience
- Team working
- Personal Effectiveness
- Customer Service
- Applicants must have reached the current statutory school leaving age.
- Applicants must have achieved a FETAC Level 4 Major Award or its equivalent.
- It is recommended that applicants have achieved at least Junior Certificate standard or its equivalent in a Science subject
- It is desirable that an applicant will have some experience of working in a commercial
FETAC Level 5 Award in Hairdressing